Friday, August 26, 2011

Weathering a Storm...of Edits

Everyone is bugging out on the East Coast this week. First we had an earthquake, something unheard of around here. Now everyone's eyes are trained on Hurricane Irene headed straight for us tomorrow evening.

My weekend plans, which included a white trash 80's themed backyard BBQ* and a long drive to visit college friends have been cancelled due to the impending storm. I know it's going to be gross and destructive but in a way I am looking forward to a weekend devoid of plans. I have been so busy the last month that I have barely worked on my story. I still have 30 pages left to edit before I hand my book over to beta readers and Irene is going to force me to get them done. If she doesn't cause too much damage, I might end up grateful for this opportunity to sit down and work uninterrupted.

I will need to keep my Netbook fully charged and hope I don't lose power for longer than my battery life. I have to be sure my Nook is charged too, I just started Game of Thrones and I am in book love. Every time I read the words, "Winter is coming" I get goosebumps. Seriously, why did I wait so long to read the series?

Hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

If you are in Irene's path, how are you going to weather the storm?


*Don't worry the party has been rescheduled, which is great news because I have yet to locate my leg warmers and neon hair scrunchies.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Irene passed us by. Sorry about that. Good luck with your edits. I'm trying to get through mine. It's a never ending process. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plans to weather the storm include a fully charged laptop to tackle my revisions, a vast assortment of pop tarts (they are non-perishable after all) and copious amounts of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An 80's party sounds like, totally awesome.
    BE SAFE!!!!

    ReplyDelete