Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On My Writing Playlist: The Gaslight Anthem

Maybe it's all the teenager references or because I am so attracted to their adorable, tattooed frontman, Brian Fallon, or maybe it's just the awesomeness of the band but I have every song by The Gaslight Anthem on my playlist for my YA Fantasy. My main character loves Gaslight a lot. I might love them even more. Therefore, I shall post two videos for you to watch or ignore as you see fit. 

This one, called "Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?" really captures my main character at the beginning of the story. She plays the guitar and I imagine she turns her amp up and belts this one out when has a bad day.




It is so hard to only choose two, but I can't post them all. "Navesink Banks" is slower, and hints more toward where my character is at the end of the book. And no she doesn't become a pickpocket.



Brian can stay at my house. . . just saying.



0 comments:

Post a Comment