Wednesday, November 2, 2011

On My Writing Playlist: Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band

Conor Oberst (of Bright Eyes fame) is one of my favorite songwriters but most of his songs are a little too lyrically intense to go on my writing playlists. I get distracted by the words and lose my focus and that is the opposite of what the writing playlist is for. This song, "Spoiled" from Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band is not distracting. It also is about being a spoiled brat and as you may have guessed my main character is a spoiled brat.

For him being happy is difficult. There is always something missing it seems. How much does he need to achieve before he will be content? Why do his victories fail to give him anything like peace or pleasure?

Whatever the reason Conor's right when he says, "That's just a shame."



0 comments:

Post a Comment