Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Party Like A Writer


I am in Denver, Colorado for a week of vacation. Denver is known as the Napa of Beer. The city is full of Microbreweries and while I am a lightweight, I do love micro brews.

I wanted to share this wildly appropriate article How To Drink Like Your Favorite Authors, which highlights certain writers who surprisingly found time to write between drunken blackouts.

I intend to get a lot of reading and revising done over the next week and while I don't necessarily recommend writing and drinking to become a common practice, I am bound to end up doing both simultaneously at some point this week. 

That article makes me want to throw a themed party, where everyone dresses up like their favorite writer and drinks like them too. Maybe we could give out prizes if you can guess who someone is supposed to be.


Some non-alcoholic Denver Highlights are:


1. It was home to the Unsinkable Molly Brown,


2. The famous Tattered Cover Bookstore and,

3. Gorgeous views. As I type this, I can see a bright blue sky, fluffy white clouds, oh and the Rocky Mountains.

4. It is the Capital of Panem. I keep looking down side streets for booby traps, I will let you know if I find any.

0 comments:

Post a Comment